Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions and other information packs such as our Policies and Procedures lay out the agreement between us and the parent/guardian when making a booking. Please pay close attention to our updated Covid-19 terms and conditions at the bottom of this page. If you ever have any questions about our Terms and conditions, please contact a member of the team on 01702 879224
1. Payments - Kidz Camp Essex accepts payments via Bank Transfers, Childcare Vouchers, Tax-Free Childcare, Childcare Grant Payment Service or phone payments using a credit or debit card. All payments must be made before your child attends camp with a deadline set usually 1 week before. Kidz Camp Essex reserves the right to cancel your booking if no payment has been made before your child attends. In the unlikely event that payment has not been made after your child attends, there may be a late payment fee of £50 added to your booking total to cover any and all admin costs. Please see point 26 on our updated payment methods for our upcoming school break.
2. Childcare Vouchers - When paying via childcare vouchers, please make contact with your provider once you have received a booking confirmation from us. Payments sent to us from your provider can take up to 5 working days so please ensure that you do this well in advance.
3. Changing your booking - If you wish to change any or all the days you have booked with us, you must notify us immediately. Please be aware that if you do not let us know in good time, we cannot guarantee a space for the date you wish to switch to. If a space has been made for you and you do not show up, you may still be charged for this service. This will be at the discretion of Kidz Camp Essex.
4. Cancellation Policy – If any days need to be cancelled for any reason, a minimum of 2 days’ or 48 hours notice needs to be given. If you have paid for your days in advance, a credit note will be given to you for any future camps. Any notice given out of the two-day window may result in any money paid being lost.
5. Late Collection – All children must be collected no later than 6 pm if the late session has been booked unless previously arranged by Kidz Camp Essex and yourself. If you're later than 6 pm to collect, two staff members will stay with your child until they are collected. You will be charged a fee of £5 for every 15 minutes late collecting. If by 6:30 pm there has been no successful contact with the parent or guardian, we will contact social services to inform them of an uncollected child. We reserve the right to refuse future bookings from a parent or guardian who continually collects their child late.
6. Your Child’s information - It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that any and all information that is given at the time of booking is accurate and true with close attention to Medical history, other special educational needs and emergency contact details. Kidz Camp Essex may refuse entry to camp without this and other information requested at the time of booking. It is extremely important that all this information is given for safeguarding purposes. It is also the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure all information that we keep is up to date and accurate.
7. Activities/ Schedules – Activities may be affected due to poor weather conditions or other factors which are beyond our control. If for any reason activities are changed, we will do our best to keep parents informed. Timetables and Schedules displayed are only a guide and are likely to change at any time.
8. Staff Ratios – Our staff ratios will vary based on groups and activities throughout the day. We will always keep our staff:child ratio to 1:12, ensuring a high level of care for your child. On many occasions, there will always be more staff than needed for each day. There is also likely to be junior volunteers present to assist with the overall running of the day. Unfortunately, we cannot offer any 1 to 1 care to any child.
9. Video footage/Photography – Throughout the day we may take videos and photographs for promotional, training and advertising purposes. This will be done so using only prearranged devices nominated by Kidz Camp Essex. No other devices or Mobiles will be permitted to be used in recording or taking images throughout the day of staff and children. You must inform us in advance or at the time of registration if you wish for your child to be excluded from this. You will also be given the opportunity to let us know if you wish your child to be included in photos/videos when dropping them off through our sign-in sheet. We aim to post this material to our social media platforms for the parents to see. There are no guarantees that all children will appear.
10. Nut Allergy Policy – Although every step is taken to ensure that any food or drink brought to our Camps are nut-free, we cannot rule out traces of nuts or peanuts. We would kindly ask all parents/guardians to ensure that their children do not bring any food or drink containing nuts or peanuts to any of our Camps.
11. Packed Lunches – If you do decide to provide your child with a packed lunch, this must include plenty of fluids or a refillable bottle for the day. If foods provided are perishables, please make sure there is a small ice pack included. We will provide your child with water stations to top up their bottles throughout the day. An optional tuck shop will be available at selected times at a cost to the parent. We ask that no more than £1 is spent daily. Kidz Camp Essex does not take any responsibility for tuck shop money being lost or stolen however you do have the option to hand this in to the manager at the beginning of the day.
12. Lost Property - You are responsible for all your child’s belongings when they leave camp. Kidz Camp Essex will endeavour to return any lost property to its owners and will hold on to all property left for a total of three months or two camps. If this is unsuccessfully returned, it will be donated to charity.
13. Complaints - Kidz Camp Essex is committed to ensuring that every child has a fantastic time and wants to return. If for any reason you or your child is unhappy, we want to be the first to know! If a problem has arisen either before or after camp, please contact our head office team. If there is an issue and your child is still attending camp, please contact your camp manager who will do everything they can to resolve it. You can be assured that your complaint will be taken very seriously. Refunds and compensation will only be given if Kidz Camp Essex is proven to have been in breach of these terms and conditions. Please note: verbal abuse of office or camp staff will not be tolerated.
14. Data Protection - Kidz Camp Essex is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (GDPR from 25th May 2018). To process your booking, we need to collect personal details about you and your children. We will treat it as confidential and keep it secure, complying with all relevant UK legislation. We will use your email address and telephone number to contact you with information that relates to any bookings that you make and any information that we might need that relates to the welfare of your child. We would also like to use some of your details to tell you about our products and services and those of our parent/sister organisations and will ask for your consent during the registration/booking process. You may unsubscribe at any time.
15. FREE day passes - All day passes must be pre-booked, and a note must be made that you would like to use a free day pass at the time of booking. You cannot turn up with the day pass if you have not already let someone know you will be using it. Kidz Camp Essex reserves the right to refuse entry into camp if this happens. This refers to a day that your child can attend for free. The value of this free day will be calculated based on your booking. (E.g. If you have booked a full week, £22 will be deducted or a single day, £27 will be deducted). Free day passes do not hold any monetary value. A free day covers the hours of 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
16. Health, Illness & First Aid - Kidz Camp Essex require all children who are unwell to be kept home for the full duration of their illness and an additional 48 hours after their last symptom. Kidz Camp Essex will only administer medication if it is prescribed by a doctor or other health professionals and if a full medication consent form has been completed by the Parent or Guardian. Any and all medications must be handed into the manager in the morning, which will include EpiPen’s and Asthma pumps. In the event of an accident or emergency, Kidz Camp Essex will administer first aid where necessary and the emergency services will be called if necessary. All Kidz Camp Essex First Aid policies are in line with Ofsted’s framework with at least one paediatric first aider on-site at any time.
17. Special Deals - All special deals selected must be paid for before your child attends. These include full weeks, Full Easter and all Summer deals. For Flexi Saver deals during the Summer, you must let us know which dates you require at the time of booking.
18. Policies & Procedures - A copy of our full Policies & Procedures is available in hard copy at all venues during the Half Terms and School Holidays. A copy is also available upon request. Please contact: [email protected]
19. Safeguarding - Kidz Camp Essex takes safeguarding very seriously and any suggestion of child abuse or neglect will be investigated and reported to either Ofsted or the local authorities.
20. Extreme Weather – In extreme weather, Kidz Camp Essex has a duty of care to your child and their well being. During hot days, limited time will be spent in the sun and plenty of shade breaks will be taken. Water stations will be available throughout the venue for children to fill their bottles up. There will also be additional cups for children who may have forgotten their bottle. Sun cream must be applied in the morning by the parent/guardian. When reapplying Sun cream throughout the day, care and attention will be given by staff. Other weather appropriate clothing must be worn such as sun hats and breathable clothing. If you are sending your child in with perishable foods for their lunch, please ensure that you include an ice pack to keep it fresh. During the colder months, limited time will be spent outside. Appropriate clothing must be supplied by the parent/guardian such as hats, gloves and warm coats. Although limited time will be spent outside, travelling to and from areas may require going outside.
21. Full Summer Pass - The full summer pass is for one child to attend camp during the hours of 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. The dates that the full summer pass covers for 2022 are: 25th July - 26th August (25 days total) excluding weekends.
Covid-19 specific T’s & C’s
22. Schools reserve the right to cancel - At any point leading up to the next Half Term or School Holiday, all schools that we are in partnership with reserve the right to cancel our letting due to the current pandemic. These schools are Queen Boudica Primary School, Rayleigh Primary School, Hylands Primary School and Hamstel Junior School. This will primarily be due to any ongoing government guidelines and how this may impact the running of an activity day camp. Any updates will be advertised by us using our various information and social media platforms.
23. Refusal into camp due to Covid-19 - Anyone who is displaying coronavirus symptoms, or has displayed symptoms in the previous 7 days, or lives with someone who has displayed symptoms in the previous 14 days, should not attend work or attend camp unless they have tested negative for coronavirus. Kidz Camp Essex reserves the right to refuse anyone entry into the premises if they are showing symptoms, have recently tested positive for Coronavirus or have been notified about symptoms by the person or any third parties.
24. Responding to a suspected case of Coronavirus - Anyone who begins to display coronavirus symptoms during their time at one of our settings will be sent home immediately and must follow government guidelines on what to do if you or someone in your household develops symptoms. If a child is waiting to be collected, they will be separated from their group and where possible isolated with one member of staff. A facemask should be worn if 2 metres cannot be maintained from a child who is symptomatic and awaiting collection. If contact is necessary, then gloves, an apron and a facemask should be worn. If a risk assessment determines there is a risk of splashing to the eyes, for example from coughing or spitting, then eye protection should also be worn. Once the child or member of staff has left the venue, a full deep clean of the setting will take place and any PPE and other waste are disposed of safely. All staff and children who are attending a childcare setting will have access to a test if they display symptoms of coronavirus and are encouraged to get tested in this scenario. Where the child or staff member tests negative, they can return to their setting and their fellow household members can end their self-isolation. If the child or staff member tests positive, the rest of their immediate group within their setting should be sent home and advised to self-isolate for 14 days. The other household members of those advised to self-isolate do not need to self-isolate unless the child or staff member they live with subsequently develops symptoms. As part of the national test and trace programme, if other cases are detected within the setting, Public Health England’s local health protection teams will conduct a rapid investigation and will advise settings on the most appropriate action to take. In some cases, a larger group may be asked to self-isolate at home as a precautionary measure. Where settings are observing guidance on infection prevention and control, which will reduce risk of transmission, closure of the whole setting will not generally be necessary.
25. The Law - At any time throughout the year, government guidance may change, restricting us from opening. If this is the case then there will be no way legally we can run. We are doing all we can to ensure that we are ready and Pre-bookings are recommended to guarantee your child a place with us with payment required roughly one-week before they attend. Please check our up to date company guidance on Covid-19 which is regularly updated, taking into account any new guidance from the government.
26. Payments - We will only be accepting Pre-payments either over the phone, via a bank transfer or using childcare vouchers/tax-free childcare for your child’s stay with us to speed up the registration process. We will continue to have a tuck shop on site for the children with a maximum spend of £1 per day per child.
Updated January 28th 2022